Thursday, April 21, 2011

Family Day!!

I spent today with the rest of my family and a couple of friends... yes even my dad. (even if it was just for 4 hours) Today is my sister's birthday. The family had a simple lunch celebration at Brazilian Churrascaria at nearby Torrance. CA. We were supposed to go to church today too but as it turned out, there isn't a mass celebrated on Maudy Thursday. So Dad just settled in here (at home) and he had a chance to do a video chat (better for them to see and hear each other) with a couple of his siblings from Madrid, Spain and Montreal, Canada respectively. It was funny and fun to see Dad happy and kidding around with family. It's where he should be.

But I could not help myself feeling sad when he was about to leave to go back to the care home facility (Vermont Care) He was THIS CLOSE to staying here again. I swear I don't mind if he is persistent sometimes but I'll never ever complain about it again just as long as he is back here at home. WITH US....

He said he has to stay at least 2 more weeks because of the antibiotics he's having every six hours everyday administered through an IV...

I hope two weeks really is TWO WEEKS this time around!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment