Friday, April 22, 2011

Sit back... Relax... And Do A Puzzle....

Well as most of my friends know ever since my Dad got sick, I've been busy with a lot of other things that I admit I am not used to doing. It's not that I do not like responsibility but it has always been everything is Dad's job, so it's not surprising that when he got sick, my world literally gone upside down and I have no choice but adjust to it and GROW UP! I will not say my carefree days are over but lets just say I had to get a little "older" faster so that I could tend to what needs to be done.

In the movie, Spiderman, Peter Parker's uncle, told him that WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY. But in my case, WITH RESPONSIBILITY, COMES EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM. I honestly think I learned a lot more in the last three months than all the years I've been living all my life.

With everything that I've experienced and learned also came the pressure and stress to deliver what they expected of me. In addiction to that, I feel "alone" most of the time with nobody and no one to rely on. So I needed to do something to relax and relieve myself of the the pressure and stress that seems to automatically pile up on me.

As a kid, I remember doing jigsaw puzzles as one of my favorite past times. My mom and dad would often buy me puzzles with Candy-Candy, Ron-Ron and many of the Disney characters on them! I LOVED THEM.

But of course, I grew out of doing jigsaw puzzles because as a teen, music, books and video games came into the scene...(and probably a bunch of other stuff I don't even remember anymore.) then much later on, cross-stitching, computers and internet. So doing jigsaw puzzles became a thing of the past for me... UNTIL THREE WEEKS AGO... when I cleaned out my closet and saw the puzzle.

A few weeks ago my sister told me to empty some stuff out of closet and found this old jigsaw puzzle I bought years ago but I never got around to doing it due to lack of space (where to do it) and time. I remember buying it because of it's unusual design, shape and size.

So even though, I still lack the space to do the puzzle, I thought I want to see it finished before I decide to keep it or donate it to the Salvation Army. So I started sorting and putting pieces together until a week and a half later.... (on and off on my spare time)



Here are the specs :

Manufacturer : Sunsout
No. of Pieces : 1000
Artist : William Ternay
Puzzle Size : 26x33 inches

Isn't it beautiful? My mom wants to frame it but I doubt if we'll ever find a frame that will fit, unless we order a customized one. and in doing this puzzle I discovered that doing puzzles are a perfect "stress reliever" other than reading. It was fun and challenging too. This was the very first puzzle I did categorized for adults too. (Trust me, THIS was a lot more challenging to do than the kiddie puzzles I loved to play with as a kid!)

I wonder what puzzle I'll do next...

No comments:

Post a Comment