Monday, December 13, 2010

Ebooks... Ebooks .... & Still More Ebooks!!!

I've been scouring the net for e-books since my Dad bought me a Kindle 3 last week. (an early birthday and Christmas present) Yes, I chose Kindle 3 over the Kindle DX, which has been on my wish list for ages now. Why? Because it is more affordable now than it was before. Kindle 3 is out with 2 flavors, with wifi only version ($139) and a wifi with free 3G version ($189) while Kindle DX almost has the same features as Kindle 3, except that it has a bigger/wider screen (9") than the kindle 3 has 6" is prized at $379.

I liked Kindle 3's size and portability and according to the many reviews I've watched in Youtube, it can hold about 3,500 e-books and a battery life of one month (with wifi and 3G off). And Amazon, the company who produces it has the biggest e-book selections than it's other e-book reader competitors.

Although, one downside of the kindle ebook reader line is that it has limited e-book file formats that it can accept unlike other e-readers in the market. But that really isn't a problem because there are a few third-party applications that can convert different file format e-books to the Kindle's AZW file format.

I'll be posting more about Kindle 3 as soon as I receive mine and have checked out it's features myself, but for now, I think I've downloaded enough e-books to read to last me a lifetime! (Literally!) I would have gotten a lot more if I didn't stick to Romance and Fantasy themed books only. Who knows I may not have to buy a single e-book ever with the number of e-book collections I've already downloaded in the last couple of days!






No comments:

Post a Comment