Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tonight's the night...

Tonight's my last night here at home. By tomorrow night, I'll be staying at my sister's house til my mom and dad return from the Philippines in three weeks. I've been making some last minute packing but still my toothbrush and other toiletries have to wait till the last minute since I'll still be using them tomorrow.

I'LL SURE MISS MY ROOM... since I'll probably have no chance to watch TFC or GMA for all my daily teleserye habits, thank goodness there are some sites where I could download and watch the episodes from this laptop, but I'm sorry to say I can't guarantee that my Tivo DVR would be able to record all of them without fail because every time we are on vacation and I set to record every show that I don't wanna miss... something always goes wrong. (SIGH) and of course, I'll have to throw out the rest that I've already made into DVD just because I won't be able to comeplete the series anymore just because something went wrong with the recorded footages on my DVR. I'm hoping that I could at least complete one or two of my four pending series still ongoing right now. (I'm keeping my fingers crossed.)

I went to a dental appointment this afternoon and my dad who's already anticipating the long wait in the dental office so he decided to just buy the books I wanted to read at Barnes & Noble while I of course stay for my appointment which I thought was a good idea rather than going to the bookstore later after my appointment.

Mind you, I don't go to Barnes & Noble often, one of the main reasons why I didn't enroll myself in their discount card program. I'm rather inclined to shop online for books because of the big difference in the retail price,(even with the shipping and handling fees already included.) and I even have the option to buy an item or a book used because it's much more economical and logical. What happens to new books after it's been read once or even twice? (that's if I really liked it) It gets "stacked" or "stored" somewhere to collect dust, that's why I rerely buy new books nowadays. But now, I asked Dad to buy books from B&N because of lack of time. (Buying online, also meant waiting for it to come through the mail, which we don't have time for.)

I chose two books of the Fablehaven series by author, Brandon Mull. It's basically a book about fantasy and magic, much like Harry Potter. It's been quite a while since I've finished the Harry Potter Series, so I thought these would be nice to read next. I was supposed to opt for romance books but everytime I read romance themed stuff I breeze through them like so quick that sometimes I could even finish one title in a day! That wouldn't be good since I can't afford to buy three weeks' worth of books because my sister's house has no TFC.

I also installed Sims Life Stories on my laptop to just have some other recreation other than reading. I'm also thinking of bringing some of my Korean Drama Series on DVD (+ others) to watch too. I just hope that the DVD software intalled on my laptop is good enough to use as a DVD player. These would probably keep me occupied most of the day. Oh and I almost forgot the video presentation my sister wanted me to make for her "big day" in July.

So I guess getting bored while I'm staying at my sister's is out of the equation.

SIDENOTE : My aunt from Madrid, Spain just called just a few minutes ago to talk to my Dad regarding the trip tomorrow. She noted that she hadn't spoken to me in quite a while because I always wake up late in the morning! (she always calls early... but this time around she called as soon as she woke up (it's early morning in Spain) that's why she got to talk to me on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment