Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Boys Over Flowers : Officially Over.

Eventough, I am only halfway this series (I'm only watching this in my spare time right now.) I've read through the Soompi Forum, that the series had officially ended in Korea yesterday night when it aired it's 25th episode. I've read quite a few spoilers but I'm not going to let that spoil my fun... and yes... I know very well that Jun-Di & Ji-Hoo won't make it together as I have already said several times before in my older posts. But still, as much as I know that I'm ready for the ending.... as early as now, I'm having Ji-Hoo withdrawal feelings. (I always have withdrawals for every Korean Drama I watched and loved. Of course now, it's for Ji-Hoo. (let me get this clear, it's for the character of Ji-Hoo and not for the actor who plays Ji-Hoo, Kim Hyun Joong.

Just for honesty's sake, if I were to wish or ask for a boyfriend, I would like / love the guy that has the characteristics of Ji-Hoo. I wouldn't mind if he's just an average looking person as long as he is sweet, loving, caring and thoughtful as Ji-Hoo turned out to be after he got out of his self-imposed "shell" since his parents' unfortunate accident.

At the very start of the series plot /story he had been referred as an "autistic person" because he had this aura that he was living in his own world where he doesn't give a damn about people around him. But in my opinion, he isn't autistic, because his first crush,/childhood friend, Seo-Hyun tried to completely take him out of that self-imposed world he made but she failed him by leaving him to pursue her own dreams.

Jan-Di practically bacame his bestfriend when she made him feel how important it is to tell that someone you love how you really feel. At that time, Jan-Di was the one infatuated with Ji-Hoo, while Ji-Hoo was so inlove with Jan-Di's idol/commercial model, Seo-Hyun, which I thought was very ironic at first, because knowing the storyline, by the time, Ji-Hoo discovers that he has fallen in love with Jan-Di, his bestfriend, F4 leader, Gu-Jun-Pyo is then Jan-Di's on and off boyfriend. (I say on and off because the relationship of Jan-Di/Gu-Jun-Pyo really varies from time to time depending how Madame Kang (Gu-Jun-Pyo's mom) controls or lets go of things regarding the relationship) Meanwhile, Ji-Hoo remained beside Jan-Di through the ups and downs of the Jan-Di/gu-Jun-Pyo relationship. He even made the decision to keep his real feelings to himself to give way to Gu-Jun-Pyo's feelings for Jan-Di.

So in tribute of my favorite BOF character, Ji-Hoo, here's my favorite song in the BOF Soundtrack, 내 머리가 나빠서 (Because I'm Stupid) as sung by Kim Hyun Joong himself, which still remains as an unreleased version because it is not included among BOF's 2 OSTs and Mini 2.5 release. ( Yes, he is singer first as part of SS501 before becoming an actor in sitcoms and dramas.) Pay special attention to the lyrics translation, it fits Ji-hoo's character and his real feelings for Jan-Di to a T.



I'll sure miss Ji-Hoo after I'm done with my BOF run. I'm buying an original DVD when it comes out with good subtitles! I want it for my K-Drama collection, I hope Dad will let me buy it since it's been ages since I've bought my last K-Drama set.

No comments:

Post a Comment